Sunday, January 24, 2010

Acid Mothers Sunday Vol. 22: Mainliner - Troop (LA -039)



And for the first AMT Sunday of 2010, here is one I said I would post ages ago, but it somehow slipped my mind (and thanks for the reminder, dear readers). This is Mainliner's awesome Troop cassette from Nanjo's La Musica label with a catalog number of LA-039. This one contains different versions of the jams on the ultra pound fuzz Mainliner debut CD, Mellow Out. This one is the original Mainliner with Kawabata, Nanjo and drummer Hajime Koizumi. For a good overview of Mellow Out, check out Julian Cope's take.

Here is the scoop on Troop from the La Musica catalog:

Psychedelic heavy group, aka High Rise II, that reinterprets High Rise's concept on an eve heavier plane. Compilation of special acid takes, comprising an acid cool mix version of the first album and 3 bonus tracks.


You will note on my rip of the cassette, I somehow left off "Cockamamie (Take II)," I am not sure why this is the case, but please forgive. Hopefully there is enough in the red riffness to distract you from the incompleteness.

Mainliner - Troop (LA-039)

No comments: